登录   注册  

快捷导航
搜帖子
楼主: hustjzr

(已解决)SPECTRE 211所支持新的FX仿真器FEATURE

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2021-9-22 20:10:28 | 显示全部楼层

shindziharan 发表于 2021-9-19 12:32
Unfortunately, I do not use graphics mode to set up / run the simulation, so I cannot tell if there  ...

I'm sorry for not describing my problem clearly。
My question is:
After I know these FEATURE names, how can I generate a complete FEATURE? As shown by the solid red line in the figure below

spectre_FX_sc
Spectre_FX_sc_kernel
Also, just in case, make sure you have all the other Spectre features:
Virtuoso_Multi_mode_Simulation
Virtuoso_Spectre_GXL_MMSIM_Lk
Virtuoso_APS_MMSIM_Lk
Virtuoso_XPS_MMSIM_Lk
Virtuoso_MMSIM_CPU_Accelerator
Virtuoso_Spectre_X_MMSIM_Lk
Spectre_X_MMSIM_Lk
spectre_X_sc
spectre_X_cpu_accelerator

image.png

The Spectre_X_MMSIM_Lk FEATURE is copied from eetop.
But i haven't found other FEATURE
 楼主| 发表于 2021-9-22 22:16:41 | 显示全部楼层
Spectre211已经可以工作了,但是很奇怪,我没有添加fx相关的FEATURE,好像也能跑tran仿真,不知道怎样看fx开启没有。我看了官方文档,里面都是命令行的形式去调用spectre fx,请问一下大佬们,spectre fx目前支持图形化界面吗?就像spectre x那样集成到high-performance里面
发表于 2021-9-23 09:13:44 | 显示全部楼层
Since you are currently interested in FX, just add these lines to your lic file:
FEATURE spectre_FX_sc cdslmd 21.1 permanent uncounted HOSTID=ANY SIGN2
FEATURE Spectre_FX_sc_kernel cdslmd 21.1 permanent uncounted HOSTID=ANY SIGN2
FEATURE Spectre_FX_cpu_accelerator cdslmd 21.1 permanent uncounted HOSTID=ANY SIGN2

(Thanks to yulizi for the last feature, I didn't notice it)
In graphical mode, the choice will appear later, but for now just follow my instructions, which I left on the previous page. I described all the steps for starting FX through ADE_L.
To find out that you actually launched FX, just look at the beginning of the log. There will be a note:
Starting Spectre FX startup.

点评

It works!!!!thank you for your help!!  发表于 2021-9-23 17:07
发表于 2021-9-23 10:03:37 | 显示全部楼层
Can AN1 share Cadence's License Server package or show me where to get it?  TIA.
 楼主| 发表于 2021-9-23 17:10:14 | 显示全部楼层
23楼shindziharan大佬提供的FEATURE和方法可用!!!
 楼主| 发表于 2021-9-23 22:52:18 | 显示全部楼层

shindziharan 发表于 2021-9-23 09:13
Since you are currently interested in FX, just add these lines to your lic file:
FEATURE spectre_FX_ ...

Thank you for your help~
I add the follow FEATURE in my license.dat, then the Spectre FX can work!!!
spectre_FX_sc
Spectre_FX_sc_kernel
Virtuoso_Spectre_X_MMSIM_Lk
Spectre_X_MMSIM_Lk
spectre_X_sc
spectre_X_cpu_accelerator
When i run tran simulation, i found three interesting things:
(1)Before, i only add Spectre_X_MMSIM_Lk in my license.dat, I can use Spectre X in tran simulation(both GUI in ADE exploer and command-line mode). I want to know what functions are enabled by FEATURE spectre_X_sc and spectre_X_cpu_accelerator? Literally, it seems to be used to turn on the acceleration function in the Spectre X.
(2)I run the tran simulation in the LNA circuit, and I found that the speed difference of Spectre191 and SPECTRE211 under the same SPECTRE X setting is 8 times. For example, choose mx accuaracy (37s when using Spectre X in Spectre19.1, 6min when using Spectre X in Spectre21.1). I compared the two simulation results in result brower, the waveforms are the same. I don't know why the simulation speed of different versions of Spectre X differs so much. Is SPECTRE version 211 optimized for SPECTRE X? Or because I added FEATURE spectre_X_cpu_accelerator 2.11?
(3)When using AMS simualtor, the commond-line is not include in ADE exploer->option->enviroment. This seems to be that GUI settings are not yet supported in the AMS emulator. At present, only the netlist input.scs can be exported, and fx statements can be added to enable FX in AMS?
发表于 2021-9-24 13:42:21 | 显示全部楼层

hustjzr 发表于 2021-9-23 22:52
Thank you for your help~
I add the follow FEATURE in my license.dat, then the Spectre FX can work! ...

Dear

For example, choose mx accuaracy (37s when using Spectre X in Spectre19.1, 6min when using Spectre X in Spectre21.1). I compared the two simulation results in result brower, the waveforms are the same. I don't know why the simulation speed of different versions of Spectre X differs so much. Is SPECTRE version 211 optimized for SPECTRE X? Or because I added FEATURE spectre_X_cpu_accelerator 2.11?

Simulation time : 37s @spectre 19.1 vs. 6min @Spectre 21.1 ?! It looks like dis-optimized at Spectre 21.1!
 楼主| 发表于 2021-9-24 19:32:26 | 显示全部楼层

hspice 发表于 2021-9-24 13:42
Dear

For example, choose mx accuaracy (37s when using Spectre X in Spectre19.1, 6min when using S ...

Sorry for the mistake, I reversed the simulation time of the two. The simulation time is :6min @ Spetrce 19.1 with Spectre X on, 37s @ Spectre 21.1 with Spectre X. It seems that spectre211 is optimized for spectre x
发表于 2021-9-28 05:17:30 | 显示全部楼层
(1) When you added "Spectre_X_MMSIM_Lk" in your lic file you are "met the prerequisites" for run Spectre X solver, because you already have base MMSIM-token feature that named "Virtuoso_Multi_mode_Simulation".
All "_MMSIM_Lk" features this is a special "lock" license. (All "_Lk" means "lock", not only MMSIM).
When you are using Spectre X via MMSIM-token (e.g. if your lic file didn't contain "PRODUCT" features), Spectre checked out base feature Virtuoso_Multi_mode_Simulation and an equivalent quantity of "lock" licenses (in that case - Spectre_X_MMSIM_Lk). You cannot use only "lock" license, they checked out in conjuction with base MMSIM-token.
(2) Since you have figured out this problem, I will not comment on it.
-----
Just as useful information:
This is not exactly the right way to use MMSIM-tokens. Yes, unlimited licenses are good.
But if you imagine a situation where they are limited, its real headache. If you run a large number of simulations via MMSIM-token using the Spectre, APS, XPS, X, they all eat up your base MMSIM-tokens, then you can get a problem when for new simulations you simply do not have free licenses. That is why, when starting the simulation, Spectre checks the availability of licenses for "PRODUCT" first, and then for "MMSIM-tokens".
For Spectre X the normal "PRODUCT" features is "spectre_X_sc + Spectre_X_cpu_accelerator" in which (the first give to you a single-core base license and the second give to you multi-core/multithread license /1 lic for 4 core, 2-16, 3-64, 4-128.. up to 512 core/).
About FX features, for now they didn't provide "Spectre_FX_MMSIM_Lk" because this product very fresh. I expect this feature to appear in product 90007, due out in Q3 2022, along with the 22.10 major release.
------
(3) To use FX in AMS, you need to follow these steps:
a) First of all check if you have this feature in your lic file:
Virtuoso_MMSIM_Incubation
Add this feature if you haven't it.
b) After you create config, click button ADE Explorer in Hierarchy Editor. In ADE Explorer goto "Setup/High Performance Simulation", choose "Spectre" and "Do not override".
c) Then goto "Simulation/Options/AMS Simulator" click on button Additional Arguments, then in new window check "Enable", and type in "Additional Arguments" field:
-spectre_args "+fx"
d) Then goto "Simulation/Netlist and Run Options" and check "Enable AMSD flexible release matrix", then check "Change Spectre path" and select the full path that ends on SPECTRE211/bin, for example in my way /home/$USER/cds/SPECTRE211/bin
Save all if that needed, in the main window of ADE Explorer, do not forget to specify all parameters that you needed and start simulation.
 楼主| 发表于 2021-9-30 16:26:09 | 显示全部楼层

shindziharan 发表于 2021-9-28 05:17
(1) When you added "Spectre_X_MMSIM_Lk" in your lic file you are "met the prerequisites" for run Spe ...

Excuse me, our laboratory has purchased a new server and will soon form a cluster. I heard that the license of cadence has restrictions on the cluster, do I need to add additional license FEATURE?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /3 下一条

小黑屋| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 06:36 , Processed in 0.035993 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表