EETOP 创芯网论坛 (原名:电子顶级开发网)

手机号码,快捷登录

手机号码,快捷登录

找回密码

登录   注册  

快捷导航
搜帖子
查看: 19640|回复: 108

[ebook]Audio Engineering: Know It All (Newnes Know It All)

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-11-23 13:25:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
Audio Engineering: Know It All (Newnes Know It All)
by Douglas Self, Julian Nathan, Ben Duncan, CHAS MILLER, Ian Sinclair

登录/注册后可看大图

[size=120%]Audio Engineering: Know It All, Volume 1 (Newnes Know It All) (Newnes Know It All)
By Douglas Self, Julian Nathan, Ben Duncan, CHAS MILLER, Ian Sinclair

• Publisher:   Newnes
  • Number Of Pages:   984
  • Publication Date:   2008-09-30
  • ISBN-10 / ASIN:   185617526X
  • ISBN-13 / EAN:   9781856175265
  • Binding:   Paperback

Product Description:
The Newnes Know It All Series takes the best of what our authors have written to create hard-working desk references that will be an engineer's first port of call for key information, design techniques and rules of thumb. Guaranteed not to gather dust on a shelf!

Part I Fundamentals of Sound

Chapter 1 Audio Principles
Chapter 2. Measurement
Chapter 3 Acoustic Environment

II. Audio Electronics

Chapter 4 Components
Chapter 5 Power supply design

III Preamplifiers and Amplifiers

Chapter 6 Introduction to Audio Amplification
CHAPTER 7 Preamplifiers and input signals
Chapter 8 Interfacing and processing
Chapter 9 Audio amplifiers
Chapter 10 Audio amplifier
Chapter 11. Valve (tube-based) amplifiers
Chapter 12 Negative feedback
Chapter 13 Noise and grounding

Part IV Digital Audio

Chapter 14 Digital audio fundamentals
Chapter 15 Representation of Audio Signals
Chapter 16.Compact disc
Chapter 17 Digital audio recording basics
Chapter 18 Digital audio interfaces
Chapter 19 Data compression
Chapter 20 Digital audio production
Chapter 21 Other Digital Audio Devices

V. Microphone and Loudspeaker Technology
Chapter 22 Microphone technology
Chapter 23 Loudspeakers
Chapter 24 Loudspeaker enclosures
Chapter 25 Headphones

Part VI. Sound Reproduction Systems

Chapter 26 Tape Recording
Chapter 27 Recording consoles
Chapter 28 Video synchronization
Chapter 29 Room acoustics

Part VII Audio Test and Measurement

CHAPTER 30 Fundamentals and instruments

A 360-degree view from our best-selling authors
Hot topics covered
The ultimate hard-working desk reference; all the essential information, techniques and tricks of the trade in one volume

Summary: A wealth of useful audio information.
Rating: 4
The series title "know it all" may be an overstatement, but this book does contain an amazing collection of useful information on audio in a single volume. From the basics of human hearing, microphones, acoustics, and digital signal processing to amplifiers and loudspeakers -- it's all here.

The book's main weakness is in the multiplicity of authors with different styles. This also results in some duplication between chapters 14, 15, 16, and 17 that cover different aspects of digital audio. Nevertheless the presentation of the same basic concepts from different viewpoints may help some readers better capture the essential ideas of digital signal processing.

Some of the authors appear to be British, so in their chapters the American reader will need to get accustomed to the European style in schematic diagrams. This includes small rectangles for resistors rather than zig-zag lines and the placement of the scaling abbreviation in the radix location (e.g., 1K5 rather than 1.5K).

As with any large technical book there are some typographical errors that didn't get caught, but not an inordinate number. On the plus side, I found the presentations in areas where I am most competent essentially correct. I am happy to have this added reference on my shelf. Considering the 900-page bulk, a price under $60 USD seems quite reasonable.

Summary: A goto compilation
Rating: 4
It's true that this is a compilation of the works of 13 authors. Are there editing mistakes, probably since I know of few books that don't have them. It is however, a great GO TO book that covers everything about audio design that you might want to know and then some. At approximately 900 pages the listed index here at Amazon doesn't do it justice in terms of detailing all the subjects that are covered. Semiconductor physics as well as other passive and tubes are covered as well as all sorts of detailed information that I don't need to know but it's nice to know and have in one place. Plus the numerous charts, tables, graphs, formulas, circuits and other facts of interest cover things that would be time consuming to look up elsewhere. If you need more information there are many references sited in each chapter. And it's not just about electronics design. It also covers audio related subjects: speed of sound in various materials, frequency ranges for notes and instruments, board layout and mathematics just to name a few.

Summary: A poor cut-and-paste job - avoid
Rating: 1
Frankly this offering is a disgrace to the publisher. The chapters by John Linsley Hood and Douglas Self are all lifted, without acknowledgment, from their other books, and also apparently without even any competent proof-reading. Both author's contributions talk about 'elsewhere in this book', referring to topics that are covered in those other books, not this one. One chapter by Douglas Self starts with a discussion of 'this frequency' without the slightest hint as to what 'this frequency' actually is. A poor cut-and-paste job. The lack of proof-reading applies to the whole book: every time I open it I find another error in a formula, or a repeated sentence, or other things that just don't make sense.

Buy the original books.

[ 本帖最后由 pipiw 于 2008-11-23 13:48 编辑 ]

Audio Engineering.part1.rar

2.86 MB, 下载次数: 491 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

Audio Engineering.part2.rar

2.64 MB, 下载次数: 453 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

发表于 2008-11-23 13:28:42 | 显示全部楼层
好書是不可以錯過的,感謝大大的分享。
发表于 2008-11-23 14:01:40 | 显示全部楼层
謝謝分享這又好又新的書
发表于 2008-11-25 00:18:20 | 显示全部楼层
dsgrdzgtfr
发表于 2008-11-25 00:19:22 | 显示全部楼层
wedwqfrsaefdsad
发表于 2008-11-25 07:39:48 | 显示全部楼层
Thank you very much!!
发表于 2008-11-25 08:26:33 | 显示全部楼层
看來 audio 也是一門很大的學問唷!!
发表于 2008-11-25 08:27:10 | 显示全部楼层
900页的书容量才6M
发表于 2008-11-25 09:05:07 | 显示全部楼层
Thank you ver much and it is really useful book for audio engineer and who is working with audio relate job.
发表于 2008-11-25 17:15:35 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing...
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /2 下一条

小黑屋| 手机版| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 05:36 , Processed in 0.034682 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表