搜帖子
查看: 29030|回复: 230

PLL博士论文_全集成频率综合器_作者为Allen, Phillip E.的学生Zhang, Benyong

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-4-8 11:22:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
A 2.4 GHz, low power, fully-integrated CMOS frequency synthesizer for wireless communications.  
作者             Zhang, Benyong.;  
学校            Georgia Institute of Technology.  
指导老师     Allen, Phillip E.   
摘要 
A low phase noise/spur, high switching speed frequency synthesizer, which features a low power consumption, a high level of integration, and a low cost is highly desirable for wireless communications. A conventional type-II charge pump PLL frequency synthesizer typically has a relatively slow switching speed. The continuous time RC loop filter is sensitive to process and temperature variations.;A type-I charge pump PLL frequency synthesizer is proposed in this work. The stabilization of the closed loop system is achieved by using a discrete-time loop filter. The type-I system architecture leads to fast switching speed. The discrete time loop filter provides isolation between the phase/frequency detector and the VCO tuning node. Hence a good spur performance can be achieved. The proposed PLL frequency synthesizer is more suitable for integration.;To demonstrate the performance of the proposed type-I charge pump PLL frequency synthesizer architecture, a prototype 2.4GHz frequency synthesizer for the Bluetooth standard was developed. Design, analysis and extensive simulations were carried out at both system level and circuit level. The test chip was fabricated in a 0.25um CMOS process. The measurement results of the prototype PLL frequency synthesizer verified the principle of the proposed architecture. A switching time of 30us and a reference spur of ?62dBc were achieved.;Compared with the state-of-the-art CMOS frequency synthesizer based on conventional type-II charge pump PLL frequency synthesizer architecture for the same Bluetooth application reported in [3], the switching speed of the prototype type-I charge pump PLL frequency synthesizer is about five times faster than that of the conventional frequency synthesizer. The reference spur performance of the prototype is 9dB better than that of conventional frequency synthesizer. The phase noise of the prototype at 550kHz offset and 2MHz offset are 1dB better and 10 dB better than that of the conventional frequency synthesizer, respectively. A typical conventional frequency synthesizer [3] has an off-chip continuous time loop filter. The prototype features a discrete time on-chip loop filter except one off-chip capacitor for testing purpose, which could be integrated. In conclusion, the prototype type-I charge pump frequency synthesizer achieves a much better overall performance than the conventional CMOS type-II charge pump PLL frequency synthesizer.

pll_part1.rar

2.73 MB, 下载次数: 1363 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

pll_part2.rar

2.37 MB, 下载次数: 1548 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

发表于 2008-4-8 11:48:53 | 显示全部楼层
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-8 19:48:01 | 显示全部楼层
自己顶一下
发表于 2008-4-8 20:09:37 | 显示全部楼层
xiexiele
发表于 2008-4-8 20:12:59 | 显示全部楼层
xiexiele
发表于 2008-4-8 20:56:56 | 显示全部楼层
dxf xfgg
发表于 2008-4-8 21:58:33 | 显示全部楼层
:victory: :victory:
发表于 2008-4-8 23:15:46 | 显示全部楼层
看看好好看
发表于 2008-4-8 23:16:44 | 显示全部楼层
看看好好看看
发表于 2008-4-8 23:27:03 | 显示全部楼层
xiexie
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /2 下一条

小黑屋| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 18:01 , Processed in 0.035585 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表