搜帖子
查看: 32838|回复: 228

【Morgan Kaufmann 2005】Foundations of Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-7-25 08:33:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
Foundations of Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)
by Anant Agarwal, Jeffrey Lang

登录/注册后可看大图

[size=120%]Foundations of Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)
By Anant Agarwal, Jeffrey Lang

• Publisher:   Morgan Kaufmann
  • Number Of Pages:   1008
  • Publication Date:   2005-07-18
  • ISBN-10 / ASIN:   1558607358
  • ISBN-13 / EAN:   9781558607354
  • Binding:   Paperback

Product Description:
Unlike books currently on the market, this book attempts to satisfy two goals: combine circuits and electronics into a single, unified treatment, and establish a strong connection with the contemporary world of digital systems. It will introduce a new way of looking not only at the treatment of circuits, but also at the treatment of introductory coursework in engineering in general.
Using the concept of ''abstraction,'' the book attempts to form a bridge between the world of physics and the world of large computer systems. In particular, it attempts to unify electrical engineering and computer science as the art of creating and exploiting successive abstractions to manage the complexity of building useful electrical systems. Computer systems are simply one type of electrical systems.

+Balances circuits theory with practical digital electronics applications.

+Illustrates concepts with real devices.

+Supports the popular circuits and electronics course on the MIT OpenCourse Ware from which professionals worldwide study this new approach.

+Written by two educators well known for their innovative teaching and research and their collaboration with industry.

Summary: Awesome
Rating: 5
I am using this book as a self study guide. I have finished first 3 chapters so far. Everything is awesome. It is very clear.

Summary: Very refreshing introduction to fundamentals
Rating: 5
I came across this book while searching for an introductory text to review my fundamentals. The book developed from an introductory course taught at MIT in electronic circuits. I like the coverage of topics in the book and the manner in which the authors have presented them. The best part is that the course webcast is freely available over the MIT's Open Course Ware initiative. I benefited most from listening to one of the authors lectures on the web and using this book as a text. End of chapter problems emphasize applications of the various abstractions the authors use which is very intuitive. There are zillions of circuit theory books in the market but all of them just deal with the concept and circuit techniques. This book develops the concept and encourages the reader to think about the various simplifications and assumptions that have been made in circuits and systems theory and their domains of existence. Again, the best way this book can be put to use is to listen to the accompanying webcast lectures and take the "virtual course" on MIT OCW website. Don't forget to leave a small donation if you like the contents of the course so institutions like MIT can continue to open up their resources to the general public.

Summary: tackles a conceptual discontuity
Rating: 4
Agarwal and Lang offer a pedagogy to tackle a serious disconnect that often arises in this field. At the low level of physics and electrical engineering, the EE student learns of basic device physics of such circuit elements as a PN diode or a MOSFET. Everything here is inherently analog. So you get I-V curves that characterise the devices, say. The book gives this good coverage.

But it also addresses the longer distance scale, where these devices are connected into a circuit for digital electronics. It is here that the abstractions of Boolean algebra take hold. Vital in letting the student have a simple conceptual model, upon which can be built the entire panoply of computer science.

The merit of this book is in the care with which it addresses this conceptual discontinuity. Now, it might be argued that there is no such discontinuity. There is a logical rigour to all this, that long predates the book. True enough. But the pedagogic reality is that the teaching of electrical engineering and of computer science are all too often two separate disciplines. One analog, one digital. The student attempting to understand both can easily get confused, through no fault of her own. Hopefully, the didactic approach of the book can mitigate this unfortunate occurrence. It is useful that a few students, at least, should have a deep understanding of a seamless transition from nanoscale physics to software.

[ 本帖最后由 benemale 于 2008-7-25 08:36 编辑 ]

Foundations of Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits.part1.rar

3.59 MB, 下载次数: 1299 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

Foundations of Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits.part2.rar

3.37 MB, 下载次数: 1266 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

发表于 2008-7-25 09:59:07 | 显示全部楼层
thank yo
发表于 2008-7-25 10:11:10 | 显示全部楼层
Gee, I have this book, printed version, sitting right behind my desk! This is the textbook used at MIT. Highly recommend.
发表于 2008-7-25 10:46:19 | 显示全部楼层
ding ....
发表于 2008-7-25 12:51:11 | 显示全部楼层
thank you
发表于 2008-7-25 13:06:37 | 显示全部楼层
thanks
发表于 2008-7-25 14:15:15 | 显示全部楼层
thanks
发表于 2008-7-25 14:16:58 | 显示全部楼层
thanks
发表于 2008-7-25 15:03:01 | 显示全部楼层
我很想知道这些书都是哪里找到的。
发表于 2008-7-25 15:46:52 | 显示全部楼层
vvvv
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /2 下一条

小黑屋| 手机版| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 15:35 , Processed in 0.027204 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表