快捷导航
搜帖子
楼主: benemale

『三味书屋』eetop注册一周年纪念贴

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-26 16:41:15 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 benemale 于 2010-9-2 21:05 编辑

登录/注册后可看大图

[size=120%]Printed Circuit Board Design Techniques for EMC Compliance: A Handbook for Designers (IEEE Press Series on Electronics Technology)
By Mark I. Montrose

• Publisher:   Wiley-IEEE Press
  • Number Of Pages:   336
  • Publication Date:   2000-06-20
  • ISBN-10 / ASIN:   0780353765
  • ISBN-13 / EAN:   9780780353763
  • Binding:   Hardcover

Product Description:

"Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is an engineering discipline often identified as "black magic." This belief exists because the fundamental mechanisms on how radio frequency (RF) energy is developed within a printed circuit board (PCB) is not well understood by practicing engineers. Rigorous mathematical analysis is not required to design a PCB. Using basic EMC theory and converting complex concepts into simple analogies helps engineers understand the mitigation process that deters EMC events from occurring.

This user-friendly reference covers a broad spectrum of information never before published, and is as fluid and comprehensive as the first edition. The simplified approach to PCB design and layout is based on real-life experience, training, and knowledge. Printed Circuit Board Techniques for EMC Compliance, Second Edition will help prevent the emission or reception of unwanted RF energy generated by components and interconnects, thus achieving acceptable levels of EMC for electrical equipment. It prepares one for complying with stringent domestic and international regulatory requirements. Also, it teaches how to solve complex problems with a minimal amount of theory and math. Essential topics discussed include:
* Introduction to EMC
* Interconnects and I/O
* PCB basics
* Electrostatic discharge protection
* Bypassing and decoupling
* Backplanes-Ribbon Cables-Daughter Cards
* Clock Circuits-Trace Routing-Terminations
* Miscellaneous design techniques

This rules-driven book-formatted for quick access and cross-reference-is ideal for electrical and EMC engineers, consultants, technicians, and PCB designers regardless of experience or educational background."

Sponsored by:
IEEE Electromagnetic Compatibility Society

Summary: Handy PCB design guidelines
Rating: 4

Most of the signal integrity/high speed circuit books focus on explaining relationship between two conductors, for example, the EM field between a trace and a plane. However, as a practicing engineer, it is impossible and unnecessary to calculate or simulate each trace when designing PCB. This is when this book comes handy. It provides quick design guidelines and rule of thumb without having to worry too much about the underlying theory. Many other reviewers see it as a drawback, but I think this book is pretty practical when used with more theoretical book such as Signal Integrity Simplified.

However, I found some parts of this book are quite difficult to follow as the author might assume that the readers are experience engineers who know all the jargons and theories. For instance, I am confused with chassis ground and system ground. Sometimes the author say should connect chassis to ground, sometimes he said it mustn't. The term "dipole antenna" appears quite often in the book, but it is not clearly explained what it is.

In conclusion, the books give decent PCB layout guidelines to prevent EMC problem. However, it doesn't provide readers the knowledge to do precise analysis and simulation to tackle signal integrity/EMC problems that might arise. I would recommend to get "Signal Integrity Simplified" as a companion book.

Summary: Terrible book
Rating: 1

This book looks perfect on paper. The subject matter is important, it talks about many practical concepts, the cover is cute, etc. But trying to read this book I was very disappointed. The author has just cut and pasted some well-known ideas but doesn't explain anything clearly. Despite knowing the subject I found it painful to follow. I wanted to throw the book away after reading a few sections, but I kept telling myself "it can't be that bad, the material is fine, let me give it another chance". But the book is that bad! It is no excuse that this is a "handbook". There are many books that are not textbooks that do a great job explaining things. I feel sorry for anybody who is trying to learn by reading this book. If you are a beginner read Howard Johnson's classic "Black Magic" book. If you are more advanced read Clayton Paul or books on Microwave design. I donated my book to the city library, but I was very tempted to throw it away to save somebody else from struggling with it.

Summary: OK, but missing something

So far it has been useful in my designs. They seem to be better and I am sure the book has helped with certification. It has some very useful information. Unfortunatly, it does not have much supporting information or theoretical proofs. Perhaps this helps the non-math oriented user, but I can't imagine why a non-math oriented user would need such a book or what such a person would be doing designing for EMC. As an engineer, I don't take things on face value without understanding of why. The lack of general theory also makes it difficult to extend the information provided to areas not covered in the book. In short, I'd like to know a bit more about why.

Summary: good for a lot of EMC/EMI pains

I got this book because the boss said to find something to help resolve the FCC/CE and other world EMI/EMC compliance issues we have, and it was instantly used and had the answers we needed. It covers power and grounds, signal integrity, and used with Howard Johnson's book (High Speed Digital Design), gives a strong insight to the PC board layout issues of high speed digital and analog electronics.

html打印版的,牛人Montrose的第二本杰作!

[ 本帖最后由 benemale 于 2008-10-26 20:03 编辑 ]

Printed Circuit Board Design Techniques for EMC Compliance, Second Edition.part1.rar

3.23 MB, 下载次数: 398 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

Printed Circuit Board Design Techniques for EMC Compliance, Second Edition.part2.rar

3.05 MB, 下载次数: 407 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

楼主| 发表于 2008-10-26 16:44:40 | 显示全部楼层

登录/注册后可看大图

[size=120%]Building the Power Efficient PC: A Developer's Guide to ACPI Power Management
By Jerzy Kolinski, Ram Chary, Andrew Henroid, Barry Press

• Publisher:   Intel Press
  • Number Of Pages:   230
  • Publication Date:   2001-08
  • ISBN-10 / ASIN:   0970284683
  • ISBN-13 / EAN:   9780970284686
  • Binding:   Paperback

Product Description:

Here is the first comprehensive hardware and software engineering guide for designing power-managed PCs. Written by PC experts, this book provides developers and integrators with practical knowledge and design techniques for building PCs that address the increasing demand for energy conservation. With power management, a PC can have lower overall power utilization, automated off-hours maintenance, and an improved end-user experience. Recent regulations and labeling programs mandate tighter restrictions on platform power consumption. PC hardware developers, software programmers, and system integrators must work together to build systems that meet the new power management guidelines. Instead of rehashing specifications, Building the Power-Efficient PC clearly explains how a properly designed system functions during power state transitions and shows you in detail how those transitions can be implemented in the hardware and software. Topics include:
  • Background and history of PC power management
  • Key power management concepts
  • Control flow through power states
  • Design considerations for desktop and mobile hardware
  • Drivers for Microsoft Windows and Linux
  • Specific techniques for application software
  • Testing and validation
In addition, a companion CD-ROM provides all of the latest power management specifications and reference materials to help you design your product.
html打印版,Jason.tschen同学求的书。

[ 本帖最后由 benemale 于 2008-10-26 20:06 编辑 ]

Building the Power-Efficient PC.rar

2.34 MB, 下载次数: 178 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

楼主| 发表于 2008-10-26 16:51:02 | 显示全部楼层

登录/注册后可看大图

[size=120%]The Intel Safer Computing Initiative
By D. Grawrock

• Publisher:   Intel Press.,US
  • Number Of Pages:   294
  • Publication Date:   2006-04-01
  • ISBN-10 / ASIN:   0976483262
  • ISBN-13 / EAN:   9780976483267
  • Binding:   Paperback

html打印版,需要再下。Intel Press还有很多书,但是没时间搞了。

[ 本帖最后由 benemale 于 2008-10-26 20:09 编辑 ]

The Intel Safer Computing Initiative Building Blocks for Trusted Computing.rar

2.03 MB, 下载次数: 137 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

楼主| 发表于 2008-10-26 20:18:43 | 显示全部楼层
留一层楼来更新吧。。。。。。
发表于 2008-10-26 20:21:57 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for  you  for one year。
发表于 2008-10-26 20:25:44 | 显示全部楼层
感谢楼主呀,一年来发了多少好东西
发表于 2008-10-26 20:27:45 | 显示全部楼层
I will learn to be a RF. Thanks。
发表于 2008-10-26 20:29:28 | 显示全部楼层
这个楼主是真正的贡献者~我们会努力把论坛一起活跃起来的
发表于 2008-10-26 20:29:29 | 显示全部楼层
Very good。
发表于 2008-10-26 20:30:30 | 显示全部楼层
多谢benemale兄百忙之中帮我找到了这本书
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /2 下一条

小黑屋| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 17:32 , Processed in 0.035474 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表