手机号码,快捷登录

手机号码,快捷登录

找回密码

登录   注册  

快捷导航
搜帖子
芯片精品文章合集(500篇!)    创芯人才网--重磅上线啦!
楼主: superidiot

Elsevier-Embedded.Software.Know.It.All.(2008)

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-26 09:26:28 | 显示全部楼层
The book is like a catalog of Newnes' embedded series. Content of eachof the chapters is basically taken from Newnes book. Forexample,Chapter 2 Device Drivers is taken from the book "EmbeddedSystems Architecture" and Chapter 7 Techniques for Embedded MediaProcessing is taken from "Embedded Media Processing". Well, it is notdifficult to guess which books they were taken from, as the books areshown on the page on the back of the front page.

Alright, so what is the consequence of different writers writing ondifferent topics without knowing what others were writing? The resultis, a lot of inconsistency and yet overlapping between chapters. Thewide range of microprocessor examples used in this books includesRabbit, TI DSP, Freescale. However, many common topics such as codeoptimization, real time system appear in 2 or more chapters. I quicklyran through the table of content and found MMU in Chapter 3 and 5, Codeoptimization in Chapter 7,8 and 9.

If you are a fans of Newnes embedded series, or would like to find out what is this like, then maybe this is the book for you
发表于 2009-5-26 09:30:58 | 显示全部楼层
I bought this book because it was the only one on the shelf, despitethe rating the other reviewer gave it. Baaaad choice. This book isuseless. I'm a new developer to embedded processors (specifically, the8051), and I got absoutly nothing out of this book. It seems like abunch of filler material crammed together. Very little substance. Thisis a book worth $5 if you have never done binary math and don't knowwhat a pointer is. Everything the other reviewer said was correct. Howis this publisher selling something like this?

Am I bitter?
发表于 2009-5-26 09:32:35 | 显示全部楼层
Topic-wise, I think the book is spot on covering the aspects ofembedded that needed to be covered. I do think there is a tradeoffbetween trying to be general and applicable to the broad market vs.being specific and relevant to a small few. This book strikes a prettygood balance.
发表于 2009-5-26 09:35:50 | 显示全部楼层
Many of the examples pertain to PowerPC so if you are using thisarchitecture for your embedded projects, this would be a reasonablebook to get spun up on. If you are using something else, then many ofthe examples may confuse as much of the information is pulled from PPCreference documentation and could be effectively skipped.
发表于 2009-5-26 09:37:06 | 显示全部楼层
The book did have a challenge in pulling together material fromdifferent sources, but I believe does a fine job. I didn't spot anyoverbearing repeats of information or conflicts on opinions fromdifferent chapters.
发表于 2009-5-26 09:38:32 | 显示全部楼层
This book really is a "know it all" book. Each chapter covers animportant topic and was written by an expert in that field. I've heard2 of the authors speak at the 2008 Embedded Systems Conference(Labrosse and Ganssle). When I saw they authored part of this book Idecided I had to get it. I was not disappointed.
发表于 2009-5-26 09:39:57 | 显示全部楼层
The first chapter outlines some basic embedded concepts for developerswho are new to embedded development. Then each of the followingchapters gives detailed coverage on a specific topic such as networkingor error handling. Even seasoned embedded developers will find a lot ofuseful information in this book.
发表于 2009-6-4 09:32:05 | 显示全部楼层

没有钱啊

分割的太多了.没有钱啊
发表于 2009-6-14 17:07:48 | 显示全部楼层
楼主很不厚道啊,文件这么小
发表于 2009-6-14 19:47:31 | 显示全部楼层
妈的,怎么打不开啊
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /2 下一条

小黑屋| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 19:22 , Processed in 0.026549 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表