查看: 27697|回复: 145

RF System Design of Transceivers for Wireless Communications

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-5-7 15:37:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
Springer: 《RF System Design of Transceivers for Wireless Communications》
【原书作者】: Qizheng Gu(Nokia Mobile Phones, Inc.)
【页数 】:500
【出版社】 :Springer
【出版日期】:2005
【文件格式】:pdf
【封面附图】:

【摘要或目录】:
   This book is about radio frequency (RF) transceiver system design for wireless communication systems. Most digital communications texts
focus on the system design of the digital base-band rather than the RF section. The text is written for RF system design engineers as well as RFIC design engineers involved in the design of radios for digital communication systems. It is also appropriate for senior undergraduates and graduate students in electrical engineering.
    The text develops systematic design methods of RF receivers and transmitters along with a corresponding set of comprehensive design
formulas. Attention is given equally to the analysis of the RF systems. The book is focused on mobile communication systems implemented in RF
application specific integrated circuits (asics) but it is applicable to other wireless systems such as, for examples, WLAN, Bluetooth and GPS. It covers a wide range of topics from general principles of communication theory, as it applies to digital radio designs, to specific examples on the implementation of multimode mobile systems. It is assumed that the reader has a good RF background, basic knowledge of signal and communication theory, and fundamentals of Analog and mixed signal circuits.
Completion of this book is the result of helps and encouragement from many individuals, to all of whom I express my sincerest thanks and
appreciation. To Dr. Bjorn Bjerede, I wish to pay tribute for his constant encouragement, many valuable inputs and technical discussions during the course of writing this book. I am deeply indebted to Professor Peter Asbeck of UCSD, for his time to review the whole manuscript, and his very useful comments and helpful suggestions. Much of my RF knowledge and analysis skill were learned and developed when I was engaged in research at the Center for Electromagnetic Wave Theory and Application headed by Professor Kong, in the Research Laboratory of Electronics at MIT. I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to Professor Jin Au Kong of MIT for his creating and providing an academic environment in which there is much knowledge sharing, learning, and searching. My knowledge of wireless communication systems and RF transceivers was learned and accumulated from practical designs when working for wireless companies, such as, PCSI, Rockwell Semiconductor Systems and Torrey    Communications, and especially for Nokia. I would like specially to thank my ex-colleague Dr. Leon Lin for initiating some Matlab programs for nonlinear system simulation. Within Nokia I wish to gratefully acknowledge managers for providing the opportunity for me to work on RF system design of multiple R&D projects, and to thank colleagues for sharing their knowledge and lab results. Special thanks are given to Mr. Greg Sutton and Dr. George Cunningham for their time to review some of the text. In addition, I would like to express my gratitude to technical reviewers, Dr. Sule Ozev, Prof. Osama Wadie Ata, Mr. Paul D. Ewing, Dr.Rolf Vogt, and Dr. Jaber Khoja for their time and very useful comments. I also wish to thank the staff of Springer, especially Editorial Director, Mr.Alex Greene and his assistant Ms. Melissa Guasch for their effective supports and advices. Finally yet importantly, I would like to thank my wife and family for understanding, patience, and unwavering support.
Qizheng Gu
April, 2005              

目录
Preface ........................................................................................X I.I.
Chapter I . Introduction ................................................................. 1
1.1. Wireless Systems ................................................................................1.. .
1.1.1. Mobile Communications Systems ............................................... 1
1.1.2. Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) .......................................2.. .
1.1.3. Bluetooth ......................... . .........................................................3.. ..
1.1.4. Global Positioning System (GPS) ................................................4
1.1.5. Ultra Wide-band Communications ................................................. 5
1.2. System Design Convergence ...............................................................6.
1.3. Organization of This Book ................................................................8.. .
References ...............................................................................................1..1.
Associated References ............................................................................1..1
Chapter 2 . Fundamentals of System Design ..............................1 3
2.1. Linear Systems and Transformations .............................................. 13
2.1 . 1. Linear System ..............................................................................1..3
2.1.2. Fourier Series and Transformation ........................................... 15
2.1.3. Frequency Response of LTI Systems ..........................................1..9
2.1.4. Band-Pass to Low-Pass Equivalent Mapping and Hilbert Transform
..............................................................................................................2.1..
2.2 Nonlinear System Representation and Analysis Approaches .......... 29
2.2.1. Representation of Memoryless Nonlinear Systems ......................3. 0
2.2.2. Multiple Input Effects in Nonlinear Systems ...............................3..0
2.2.3. Memoryless Band-Pass Nonlinearities and Their Low-Pass
Equivalents .............................................................................................3.4
2.3. Noise and Random Process .............................................................. 37
2.3.1 . Noise Power and Spectral Representation ..................................... 38  
2.3.2. Noise and Random Process Through Linear Systems ................... 46
2.3.3. Narrow-Band Noise Representation ..............................................4 9
2.3.4. Noise Figure and Noise Temperature ......................................... 54
2.4. Elements of Digital Base-Band System ............................................. 58
2.4.1. Sampling Theorem and Sampling Process .................................... 59
2.4.2. Jitter Effect of Sampling and Quantizing Noise ............................ 64
2.4.3. Commonly Used Modulation Schemes ....................................... 67
2.4.4. Pulse-Shaping Techniques and Intersymbol Interference (ISI) ..... 78
2.4.5. Error Probability of Detection, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR). and
Carrier-to-Noise Ratio (CNR) ................................................................. 88
2.4.6. RAKE Receiver ...................................................................... 104
References ................................................................................................. 108
Associated References ......................................................................1..0 9
Chapter 3 . Radio Architectures and Design Considerations .... 113
3.1. Superheterodyne Architecture ........................................................ 114
3.1.1. Configuration of Superheterodyne Radio .................................... 115
3.1.2. Frequency Planning ................................................................... 119
3.1.3. Design Consideration of Superheterodyne Transceiver .............. 133
3.2. Direct-Conversion (Zero IF) Architecture ..................................... 142
3.2.1. Configuration of Direct-Conversion Radio ................................. 143
3.2.2. Technical Challenges ................................................................. 146
3.2.3. Design Consideration of a Direct-Conversion Transceiver ......... 155
3.3. Low IF Architecture .....................................................................1..7 2
3.3.1. Configuration of Low IF Radio ................................................... 172
3.3.2. Approaches to Achieve High Image Rejection ............................ 177
3.3.3. Some Design Considerations .....................................................1. 85
3.4. Band-pass Sampling Radio Architecture ....................................... 188
3.4.1. Basics of Band-pass Sampling ................................................... 189
3.4.2. Configuration of Band-pass Sampling Radio Architecture ......... 194
3.4.3. Design Considerations ................................... ..... ....................... 198
Appendix 3A . Intermodulation Distortion Formulas ........................... 211
Appendix 3B . Effective Interference Evaluation of Second-Order
Distortion Products ............................................................................... 213
Appendix 3C. I and Q Imbalance and Image-Rejection Formula ...... 216
Appendix 3D. E stimation of ADC Equivalent Noise Figure ............... 219
References .............................................................................................2..2. 2
Associated References ......................................................................2..2. 3
Chapter 4 . Receiver System Analysis and Design ....................2 29
4.1. Introduction ....................................................................................... 229
4.2. Sensitivity and Noise Figure of Receiver ........................................ 230
4.2.1. Sensitivity Calculation ................................................................. 230
4.2.2. Cascaded Noise Figure ................................................. ............. 232
4.2.3. Receiver Desensitization Evaluation Due to Transmitter Noise
Emission in the Receiver Band .......................................................... 237
4.2.4. Influence of Antenna VSWR to Receiver Noise Figure .............. 241
4.3. Intermodulation Characteristics ................................................2. 46
4.3.1. Intermodulation Products and Intercept Points ............................ 246
4.3.2. Cascaded Input Intercept Point .................................................... 250
4.3.3. Calculation of Receiver Intermodulation Characteristics ............ 258
4.4. Single-Tone Desensitization ............................................................. 266
4.4.1. Cross-Modulation Products .........................................................2 66
4.4.2. Determination of the Allowed Single-Tone Interferer. ................ 270
4.5. Adjacent /Alternate Channel Selectivity and Blocking
Characteristics .................................................................................2..7. 1
4.5.1. Desired Signal Level and Allowed Degradation ......................... 271
4.5.2. Formula of AdjacedAlternate Channel Selectivity and Blocking
Characteristics ...................................................................................... 272
4.5.3. Two-Tone Blocking and AM Suppression Characteristics ......... 275
4.6. Receiver Dynamic Range and AGC System ................................... 277
4.6.1. Dynamic Range of a Receiver ..................................................... 277
4.6.2. Receiver AGC System for Mobile Stations ................................. 278
4.6.3. Dynamic Range and Other Characteristics of ADC .................... 284   
4.7. System Design and Performance Evaluation ................................. 287
4.7.1. Receiver System Design Basics ................................................... 287
4.7.2. Basic Requirements of Key Devices in Receiver System ........... 289
4.7.3. Receiver System Performance Evaluation ...................................2 96
Appendix 4A . Conversion Between Power dBm and Electric Field
Strength dBpV/m .....................................................................................2 98
Appendix 4B . Proof of Relationship (4.4.6) ........................................... 300
Appendix 4C . A Comparison of Wireless Mobile Station Minimum
Performance Requirements ...................................................................3. 00
Appendix 4D . An Example of Receiver Performance Evaluation by
Means of Matlab ................................................................................. 302
References ................................................................................................ 308
Associated References ............................................................................. 308
Chapter 5 . Transmitter System Analysis and Design ...............3 11
5.1. Introduction. ..............................................................................3..1 1
5.2. Transmission Power and Spectrum ................................................ 312
5.3. Modulation Accuracy ....................................................................... 314
5.3.1. Error Vector Magnitude EVM and Waveform Quality Factor p . 3 14
5.3.2. Influence of Intersymbol or Interchip Interference to EVM ........ 318
5.3.3. Influence of Close-in Phase Noise of Synthesized LO to EVM .. 322
5.3.4. Carrier Leakage Degrading the Modulation Accuracy ................ 324
5.3.5. Modulation Accuracy Degradations Resulting from Other Factors
............................................................................................................ 327
5.3.6. Total EVM and Waveform Quality Factor ........................ ....... 33 1
5.4. Adjacent and Alternate Channel Power ......................................... 332
5.4.1. Low-Pass Equivalent Behavioral Model Approach ..................... 333
5.4.2. Multitone Techniques ................................................................. 338
5.4.3. ACPR of Cascaded Stages in Transmitter Chain ......................... 340
5.5. Noise-Emission Calculation ........................................ ..................... 343
5.5.1. Formulas for Noise-Emission Calculation ................................. 343
5.5.2. Some Important Notes in Noise-Emission Calculation ............... 345
5.5.3. Noise Expressed in Voltage ................................ ......... ................ 347
5.5.4. Examples of Noise-Emission Calculations .................................. 348
5.6. Some Important Considerations in System Design ........................3 49
5.6.1. Comparison of Architectures ....................................................... 349
5.6.2. Transmitter Chain Gain Distribution and Performance ............... 351
5.6.3. AGC and Power Management ..................................................3..5. 4
Appendix 5A . Approximate Relationship Between p and EVM ......... 359
Appendix 5B . Image Suppression of Transmission Signal ................... 360
Appendix 5C . Amplifier Nonlinear Simulation: ACPR Calculation .. 363
References ............................................................................................ 382
Associated References ........................................................................... 383
Chapter 6 . Applications of System Design ................................3 87
6.1. Multimode and Multiband Superheterodyne Transceiver ........... 387
6.1 . 1. Selection of a Frequency Plan .................................................... 389
6.1.2. Receiver System Design .............................................................. 391
6.1.3. Transmitter System Design ......................................................... 413
6.2. Direct Conversion Transceiver ........................................................ 427
6.2.1. Receiver System Design ............................................................ 429
6.2.2. Transmitter System Design ........................................................ 449
References .............................................................................................. 462
Associated References .............................................................................4 62
Index ...........................................................................................4..6 7
发表于 2008-5-8 23:50:23 | 显示全部楼层
很全的一本书。
发表于 2008-10-4 09:54:06 | 显示全部楼层
怎么没有下载文件??
发表于 2008-10-5 10:24:48 | 显示全部楼层
怎么没有下载文件??
发表于 2008-11-28 07:27:44 | 显示全部楼层
:)多谢
发表于 2008-11-28 09:52:58 | 显示全部楼层

介绍

楼主需要继续努力,期待中......
发表于 2008-11-28 10:09:10 | 显示全部楼层
做系统比较好的一本书
发表于 2008-12-15 22:52:55 | 显示全部楼层
hao hao hao
发表于 2008-12-15 22:55:16 | 显示全部楼层
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
发表于 2008-12-15 22:56:23 | 显示全部楼层
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /2 下一条

小黑屋| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 09:27 , Processed in 0.027493 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表