EETOP 创芯网论坛 (原名:电子顶级开发网)

手机号码,快捷登录

手机号码,快捷登录

找回密码

登录   注册  

快捷导航
搜帖子
查看: 17331|回复: 108

[原创] 【Newnes 2008 新书】Digital Storage in Consumer Electronics: The Essential Guide

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-7-12 12:40:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
本帖最后由 benemale 于 2010-7-10 21:47 编辑

Digital Storage in Consumer Electronics: The Essential Guide (Embedded Technology)
by Thomas M. Coughlin

登录/注册后可看大图

[size=120%]Digital Storage in Consumer Electronics: The Essential Guide (Embedded Technology)
By Thomas M. Coughlin

• Publisher:   Newnes
  • Number Of Pages:   312
  • Publication Date:   2008-03-07
  • ISBN-10 / ASIN:   0750684658
  • ISBN-13 / EAN:   9780750684651
  • Binding:   Paperback

Product Description:
Consumer electronics engineers, technicians, and managers, embedded engineers, system engineers, product designers & developers, network engineers and managers, programmers, marketing and sales personnel, and providers of content to electronic device end users

* Presents best practices for selecting, integrating, and using storage devices to achieve higher performance, greater reliability and lower cost
* Teardown photos provide rare visuals of the "guts" of the devices discussed
* Covers hot topics including flash memory, DVRs, Apple iPods, home networks, and automotive electronics, from basic layouts to standards, advanced features, and exciting growth opportunities

Summary: Thorough guide to storage and integration in consumer electronics
Rating: 5
I am the author of this book. I wrote this book to fill several needs that I thought weren't well satisfied by other books now available. First I wanted to provide a good review of how various storage devices common in consumer devices work and how they differ from each other. My intention was to make an accessible book that could be used by technical readers as well as in an educational setting.

I then wanted to create a digital storage hierarchy for consumer electronics as a guide to which storage device or devices should be used for various consumer applications. Rules for the choice and integration of digital storage in consumer devices are laid out for the reader/designer.

Sections explore the design of digital storage in both mobile and static consumer devices. These sections are well illustrated by block diagrams and pictures of torn-down products showing the design and digital storage integration.

I also explore the drivers for digital storage growth in consumer applications and how those will change with the growth of richer user generated as well as commercial content, with changing storage devices and with entirely new applications. These new applications will be enabled by new digital storage technology as well as advances in mobile power, networking and processing power.

Looking into the future consumer devices are described that will cause huge growth of user generated content in the home as well as sharing and social networking driving increased storage demand as folks throughout the net share their experiences and content. As the amount and complexity of personal and commercial content increases there will be an increasing need for organizing and indexing this material (automated metadata generation) as well as reducing the physical complexity of managing content across a great many devices in the home. The book suggests how these challenges can be met.

Finally I wanted to provide the reader resources to explore these topics further. I also include information on various trade and standards groups working on all aspects of digital storage and consumer electronics. I enjoyed writing this book and hope that readers and educators will find this book useful. Thank you for reading this review and I hope that you will enjoy the book as well.

Summary: Data Storage for the Masses
Rating: 5
Tom Coughlin is an acknowledged authority on data storage and a respected presenter on storage and storage networking technology at conferences and events worldwide. For the past ten years, the focus of data storage has been on large data center system storage area networks (SANs) based on Fibre Channel. As with many high-end technologies, however, enterprise-class applications eventually trickle down to the small business market and eventually to useful consumer products. Essentially, the large enterprises which have the most immediate need pay for the research and development of new technologies, with the benefits eventually spreading to a much broader class of users.

Having tracked and contributed to (he has six patents relating to storage) this development over the past 25 years, Tom Coughlin is well positioned to examine the diversity of storage technologies that have evolved for consumer-level products. Minaturized hard disks, optical storage, solid state memory devices and flash technology are enabling new consumer products that were inconceivable a few decades ago. Digital storage for MP3 players, video players, digital photography and other products are empowering consumers by allowing them to tailor their media to their own tastes and to have it constantly available.

Although this book has substantial technical content for interested engineers, it also provides lucid explanations of digital storage technologies that will be of interest to non-technical readers as well. This book is Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) Recommended Reading for anyone wanting to under the next large wave of digital storage applications.

[ 本帖最后由 benemale 于 2008-7-12 12:42 编辑 ]

Digital Storage in Consumer Electronics - The Essential Guide.rar

3.08 MB, 下载次数: 403 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

发表于 2008-7-12 14:00:07 | 显示全部楼层
又是牛书!!
发表于 2008-7-12 15:00:42 | 显示全部楼层
many thnanks
发表于 2008-7-12 15:05:22 | 显示全部楼层
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
发表于 2008-7-12 15:09:56 | 显示全部楼层
Wow, very nice to flip through the good book, like this one, over the weekend!

Thanks!
发表于 2008-7-12 17:44:34 | 显示全部楼层
storage is applied at anywhere , anytime ,for anyone
good job , I am very intere
发表于 2008-7-12 18:55:56 | 显示全部楼层

怎么一下就没钱了呢?

:victory::victory::victory::victory:怎么一下就没钱了呢?怎么一下就没钱了呢?怎么一下就没钱了呢?怎么一下就没钱了呢?
发表于 2008-7-12 21:55:00 | 显示全部楼层
many thnanks
发表于 2008-7-12 21:58:03 | 显示全部楼层
Great! Thanks for your great sharing!
发表于 2008-7-12 23:25:12 | 显示全部楼层
这个是讲什么内容的啊,存储器吗?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /1 下一条

小黑屋| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 09:24 , Processed in 0.032656 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表