Publisher:   Wiley-Interscience
    Number Of Pages:   440
    Publication Date:   2008-02-04
    ISBN-10 / ASIN:   0470185317
    ISBN-13 / EAN:   9780470185315
Binding:   Hardcover

Product Description:
A hands-on introduction to VHDL synthesis and FPGA prototyping
Hardware Descriptive Language (HDL) and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) devices allow designers to quickly develop and simulate a sophisticated digital circuit, realize it on a prototyping device, and verify the operation of its physical implementation. As these technologies have matured, they have become accepted mainstream practice so that it is possible to use a PC and an inexpensive FPGA prototyping board to construct a complex digital system. This book uses a "learn by doing" approach to introduce the concepts and techniques of VHDL and FPGA to designers through a series of hands-on experiments. FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples provides:
  • A collection of clear, easy-to-follow templates for quick code development
  • A large number of practical examples to illustrate and reinforce the concepts and design techniques
  • Realistic projects that can be implemented and tested on a Xilinx prototyping board
  • A thorough exploration of the Xilinx PicoBlaze soft-core microcontroller
Although the book is an introductory text, the examples are developed in a rigorous manner and the derivations follow strict design guidelines and coding practices used for large, complex systems. It lays a solid foundation for students and new engineers and prepares them for future development tasks. FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples is an indispensable companion text for introductory digital design courses and also serves as a valuable self-teaching guide for practicing engineers who wish to learn more about this emerging area of interest.

Summary: Finally, a hands on introduction to fpga development
Rating: 5
I have been looking for a book like this for 2 years now. It is the first book I know of that is actually written about a current development board. The author does a great job of teaching you many of the basic concepts you need to get going. I hope that people at Xilinx stand up and take notice of what the author has done. If you ask me, Xilinx's marketing or technical support department should have written this book. If you want to get involved with fpga development, then buy this book and the development board. I'm recommending this book to several other software engineers as well as some of my students. Well done Prof Chu!

Summary: The best way to learn VHDL
Rating: 5
This is one of the best introductory VHDL books out there. Even though it does not focus on the VHDL Language itself it does demonstrate the use of VHDL and the hardware design methodology via practical design examples. All explanantions are clear and easy to follow. The design examples provided in the book are very practical (UART, PS2, VGA controller). The examples themselves are designed using the hardware design methodologies presented (FSM-based and FSMD-based). Finally the Picoblaze section in the textbook is the best treatize of the picoblaze micro that I've seen this far.

For those interested in a more rigourous treatment of the VHDL language, design methodology and synthesis issues (but not practical examples) I also highly recoommend "RTL Hardware Design Using VHDL: Coding for Efficiency, Portability, and Scalability" by the same author.

[ 本帖最后由 benemale 于 2008-5-23 12:46 编辑 ]

FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples.part1.rar

4.13 MB, 下载次数: 1202 , 下载积分: 资产 -3 信元, 下载支出 3 信元

FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples.part2.rar

4.13 MB, 下载次数: 1208 , 下载积分: 资产 -3 信元, 下载支出 3 信元

FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples.part3.rar

4.13 MB, 下载次数: 1120 , 下载积分: 资产 -3 信元, 下载支出 3 信元

FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples.part4.rar

3.74 MB, 下载次数: 1148 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

发表于 2008-5-23 13:15:41 | 显示全部楼层
顶一下,楼主真强人阿,哪儿搞到那么新的书
发表于 2008-5-23 16:04:42 | 显示全部楼层
大牛又发好书啦!
发表于 2008-5-23 16:28:50 | 显示全部楼层
支持,支持
发表于 2008-5-23 16:57:56 | 显示全部楼层
Push, despite that I don't use VHDL at all!
发表于 2008-5-23 17:00:57 | 显示全部楼层
Wow, there are quite positive feedbacks regarding this book in Amazon. Thanks for sharing!
发表于 2008-5-23 17:44:30 | 显示全部楼层
火星人太强了,互联网搜集资料的能力远胜于我, 分享互助的精神也是我望尘莫及的, 衷心感谢,号召大家都向火星人学习!!!!
发表于 2008-5-24 23:09:25 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主!
发表于 2008-5-24 23:10:42 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主!
发表于 2008-5-24 23:14:36 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /1 下一条

小黑屋| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 19:12 , Processed in 0.029391 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表