搜帖子
查看: 3789|回复: 15

Learning English needs to focus on practice

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-10-4 05:53:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
I, myself, have been learning english for almost 20 years, from junior. Like most Chinese people, I have been taught grammers, writing, listening, speaking. But I think just concentrate on grammers, writing. That I learn English is not stimulated by external environment, because I don't have English environment.  I insist on learning it because I believe I can learn it well.

Then I got a chance to enter foreign firm and even come to US. Suddenly I find I am lost in this English speaking country. They are really speaking English but I don't understand. I always say, 'sorry, pardon me...' You can imagine the situation. Then I ask myself, why? Is it because they are speaking slan? Of course, this is one superficial reason. But I think it's our problem. In our english education system, the goal is to pass test. We have a lot of people who are good at test because they are not aware of learning English for common people is to communicate with foreigners.  Of course for those who are major in English is to study English but I believe even in this case communication is major thing. Maybe I am not such a clever guy that I meet a lot of language barrier in US.  But I think we should practice more while learning English. English is just a course in our school, after course, who will continue to speak English and it seems to be wierd to speak English after class. We don't have the atomosphere. Comparing with Indian people(I have chance talking with some Indian people), they have to use English in the primary school, because a lot of people who came from different states speak different language. So from fluence perspective, we seems to be slower than they speak.

I am doing some work about developing software. I have more confidence in writing than speaking. In some professional areas, I have no problems to communicating with English speaker. But beyond that, I feel frustrated. So I believe I need to practice more. I hope everyone learning English in China needs to find more time in practice. As they say, Practice makes perfect. (I believe everyone know it).
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-4 05:57:53 | 显示全部楼层
Actually it is my really feeling. I'd like to discuss it with you. I hope everyone can share his idea.
发表于 2008-10-6 10:10:40 | 显示全部楼层
接触快七年了,但是英语水平比不上一个初中生。。
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-7 04:04:05 | 显示全部楼层
It's a serious question.

I discussed with some foreigners who had been working in China, said they felt suprised at the infrastructure and commerials which are so developed but also frustrated by communications. Everything is Chinese, they could not talk to Taxi drivers, could not say a word with staffs in supermarket because they didn't know English.
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-9 03:40:57 | 显示全部楼层
Perseverance is a key to learning English. I don't think a good English book, classical English materials or attending a English class can change your English level when you 've had the entry level. It need long term continuous practices, maybe 30 minutes or 1 hours every day, be immerged in the English world.
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-11 05:29:06 | 显示全部楼层
"Run" as verb has a lot of usages.

As a basic meaning, we know “跑”vi.
Like, Running is faster than walk. But I notice there are other meanings like "run a business", eg. After his father died, he started to run his family business by himself.

And run also can be explained as "刊登"
For instance, "Magzines run articles about the subject all the time".

A simple word has a powerful function. We need to keep on learning.
发表于 2008-10-11 14:45:08 | 显示全部楼层
wo should study from you!!
发表于 2008-10-11 14:47:07 | 显示全部楼层
Learning English needs to focus on practice.  what the says  easy that what they do.
发表于 2008-10-12 15:57:19 | 显示全部楼层
很好的资料
谢谢了
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-16 05:48:48 | 显示全部楼层
"surprise", is very common word to show one reacts when he sees or hears something unusual. But recently I learnt a new expression which has the same meaning. "jaw must have hit one's chest".

For example, "His jaw must have hit his chest when the girl he adores asked him out"
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /2 下一条

小黑屋| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 15:57 , Processed in 0.030458 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表